Java Programming Course
JAVA is one of most popular programming languages due to its interactive multimedia capabilities, Java programming ensures list of Internet development skills in current commercial demand. It is widely being used in Web,desktop and mobile applications (Android). This course is recommended for students who have passion and desire to make their mark in java programming.
Android applications are developed using the Java language. As of now, that’s really your only option for native applications. Java is a very popular programming language developed by Sun Microsystems (now owned by Oracle).
Some of the Java’s important core features are:
- It’s easy to learn and understand
- It’s designed to be platform-independent and secure, using
- It’s object-oriented
Android relies heavily on these Java fundamentals. The Android SDK includes many standard Java libraries (data structure libraries, math libraries, graphics libraries, networking libraries and everything else you could want) as well as special Android libraries that will help you develop awesome Android applications.
In this course Java will be used to create cross platform console and GUI based applications using object-oriented technology of Java Language.
What skills will the student gain?
- Develop object-oriented applications using Java
- Use Sun coding and source code documentation conventions to write professional code
- Design GUI-based distributed applications using Swing
- Implement security in desktop applications & Connect applications to databases such as SQL Server using JDBC
Why should you learn Java?
By learning java you will have a few advantages like these:
- You will gather more useful and practical knowledge on computer and software.
- You will have a better shot in securing a job in the software industry and for that you need not have to learn engineering, a course in java can be the stepping stone.
- You will be able to write codes for software and make yourself pretty necessary for your company.
- You can use your knowledge to land a job or to make your profile more appealing to the companies.
Why should you learn from us?
There are many institutions in the market from where you can learn java, then why should you opt for us? The following reasons will be enough to answer your questions-
- One to one teacher student ratio, so that you learn better.
- High tech classrooms and mock tests will give you an idea about the real world out there.
- The teachers are well experienced and really good.
- You will get all the assistance possible, but the main work will be yours. It will help you to gain confidence for your life.
- You will get placement after completing the course.
- The course fee will be reasonable.
Java Course Contents
What is Java?
The Java Platform
Automatic Memory Management
Editions and Versions of Java
Your First Java Program
If Else Statements
Defining an Array
Initializing & Accessing Array
Multi –Dimensional Array
Operation on String
Mutable & Immutable String
Tokenizing a String
Creating Strings using StringBuffer
Introduction of Object and Classes
Creating a Class
Creating an Object
Using an Object
Adding Instance variables
Naming conventions for class members
Static and non-static Members
Encapsulation & Data Hiding
Accessors/Mutators or Getters/Setters
Encapsulation/Data Hiding Resources
Code Examples & Exercises
The Object Class
Overriding Methods and Revisiting the Super Reference
Benefits of Polymorphism
Object Type Casting
- Understanding Interface
- Using Interfaces class
- Abstract Classes
- Importance of Exception Handling
- Exception Propagation
- Exception Types
- Using try and catch
- throw, throws, finally
- Writing User defined Exceptions
- Standard Exception Handling Options
- Exception Class Hierarchy
- Checked vs. Unchecked Exceptions
- Catching an Exception: try and catch blocks
- Methods Which Throw Exceptions: the throws clause
- Why packages
- Understanding Classpath
- Access modifiers and their Scope
- Introduction to Swing
- Light Weight Component
- Swing Hierarchy
- Atomic Components e.g. JButton, JList and more
- Intermediate Container e.g. JPanel and more
- Top-Level Container e.g. JFrame
- Swing Related Events
- Color and Font
- AWT Components/Controls
- Event Handling and Layouts
- JDBC Features
- Types of Drivers
- Driver Manager
- Prepared Statement
- Callable Statement
- Result Set
This course is valuable for programmers and software engineers who are interested in learning to develop Java applications and applets.
Applicable Job Roles:
Web programmers, and Desktop application developers, Mobile developer.
Experience with any programming language (e.g. C/C++, Pascal, VB) is assumed.
Familiarity with Web technologies and object concepts will be helpful.
Course Duration and Fee:
2 Days a Week
(OCJP and OCWCD certified)